Tuesday, April 03, 2007

PLoS Medicine gets good vibes from Slate

Good to see Slate promoting PLoS Medicine in the "Your Health This Week" column.

They say

Citing this paper allows me to pay tribute to the journal in which it was published: PLoS Medicine, one of several journals published by the Public Library of Science. This is a journal of fine quality founded by people who believe that all readers (you, me, and doctors in poor countries) should have free access to the journal's entire contents—not just the abstracts. Peer review is just as stringent as in traditional journals that charge for online viewing. The PLoS way is the way every medical and scientific journal should be published. I'd love to persuade colleagues to submit their work first to a Public Library of Science journal and to go the limited-access route only if they must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...